We’re looking for someone to join our sales and marketing operation that can introduce SecurityGate.io to new people. The ideal candidate is going to have some sales experience and is hungry to learn and grow fast in their career. The best person for this position is someone who wants to become an expert on cybersecurity and enjoys starting conversations with new people and getting to know them. They’re probably also pretty competitive and want to hit goals and advance fast.
The Business Development Representative role at SecurityGate.io is a key part of our go-to-market effort. You will most likely be the very first person a potential partner or customer engages with. How you are with them will directly influence how they feel about our company. It’s pretty big responsibility. 😉
Your job isn’t to “sell them” on our software or to “close them down” for a sales meeting – it’s to start a conversation and be helpful. Starting the conversation will make them aware of our product. While they’re doing research, it’s your job to help them find the information that answers their questions quickly. As some of them show more interest, you’ll stay in touch and keep them updated on the industry and our company. At some point, they will be ready to talk to a sales executive and you’ll make the hand-off.
Full Job Description
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be spending a ton of time in LinkedIn looking for people that match our ideal customer profile.
- You’ll be working out of CRMs like Hubspot and Salesforce and sending a lot of email.
- We’ll teach you how to identify a good customer-fit for SecurityGate.io so you can have a discussion with them about us.
- We’ll teach you how to see when someone is interested and ready to take a next step, and you’ll facilitate that step.
- Building rapport with prospective customers through friendly, engaging communication will be critically important.
- You’ll be studying the cybersecurity industry and posting helpful content for those in our community every day in social channels.
- Attending online events and conferences will give you the opportunity to meet people who are interested in what we do.
- You’ll be involved in all sales and marketing meetings so you can quickly get up to speed and grow.
- You’ll be reporting into the marketing area, but closely working with everyone across every team in the company.
- Preferred 2 years of business development, sales, or other client relationship experience
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Resourceful, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Capable of working in the office and remote
Job location, hours, compensation:
- Houston Office: 5120 Woodway Drive ste 9003 Houston, TX 77056
- San Antonio Office: (Geekdom) 110 E. Houston St. 8th Flr, San Antonio, TX 78210
- Office Hours – 8-5 M-F
- Optional remote (work from home) Wed + Fri
- Our preference is to find someone who matches the description above in the Houston, TX area. A second option would be around San Antonio, TX. But we are certainly willing to hire remotely for the role if you’ve already got some experience doing this remotely for another SaaS startup.
- This role will start between $40k – $50k based on your experience. You’ll have the ability to earn bonuses for performance.
Potential Option – Internship
From time to time we like to bring on intern-level candidates with the goal of moving them to a salaried position within 90 days.
- Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
- Pay: $18.00 per hour, and ability to earn bonuses based on performance